If this is your first time with a CSA we highly recommend you look at the other resources on the website. Try visiting our The B.U.G. CSA menu to learn about CSAs and what to expect working with a CSA. Also visit our Shares link for information about our Veggie and Add-on Share options. Everyone that joins the B.U.G. Farms CSA is automatically signed up for our weekly e-newsletter. Each week we will update you on farm happenings, let you know what to expect in your weekly shares (with pictures - for easy identification, descriptions and preparation ideas for each type of veggie), a featured recipe, and any specific detail/changes to deliveries and pick-ups. We want to make sure that all of our customers are able to use all of the veggies, fruits and herbs they are receiving and we are happy to answer any questions you might have - firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSA Sign-up Details
This year B.U.G. Farms is working with Salt Lake County to provide CSA Shares for County employees at discounted rates. To sign-up for a CSA as a SL County employee follow this link to our sign up page. Then follow these steps:
- Select the shares you would like to receive. (For more information about each type of share follow this link.)
- Select a pick-up location. The main pick-up site for Salt Lake County employees will be the Government Building at 2001 South State Street. CSA Shares will be dropped of at the Government Building by 1 pm on Thursdays and can be picked up between 1 pm - 5 pm. You can select any of the other pick-up locations we offer, if they are more convenient. All B.U.G. Farms pick-ups are on Thursdays from 4 pm - 7 pm, our Research Park location is 4 pm - 6 pm.
B.U.G. Farms can deliver to any other county office IF 3 or more employees sign-up for CSA shares through B.U..G. Farms. If you would like to request delivery to your office select the Government Building as your pick-up location, then email email@example.com once you have completed the sign-up process and let us know the site/address of your office. We will let you know if we have enough employees at that location to arrange deliveries, if we don't you can choose to pick-up at the Government Building or any of the other 4 pick-up locations B.U.G. Farms offers.
- Enter your County EIN # on the "A Few More Questions" page.
- Complete the CSA Member Signup form, entering your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Enter the following coupon code to save on your veggie shares:
SLCOUNTYFULL - for a $50 discount on full veggie shares
SLCOUNTYHALF - for a $25 discount on half veggie shares
- Review your order, and select payment method. If you would like to set-up a payment plan please read the payment plan section below.
To ensure that anyone that is interested in sourcing their fresh, local fruits and veggies from B.U.G. Farms can, we offer flexible payment plans to all of our customers. Your total balance can be broken up into 3 payments, paid either monthly or every other month throughout the season. So, it could be May, June, July payments or May, July, September. We are also willing to work with other terms if customers have special requests. B.U.G. Farms expects customers that have set-up payment plans to keep track of their scheduled payments (we do not send out reminders), and pay in a timely manner.
If you are interested in setting up a payment plan just follow the steps below:
- Sign-up for your B.U.G. Farms shares using the instructions above.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us you would like to set-up a payment plan.
- Let us know the terms you would like to use for your payment plan.
- We will confirm that you have set-up a payment plan via email.
- Submit your first payment via PayPal or check.
Pro-Rated Shares for Late Sign-Ups
B.U.G. Farms accepts CSA sign-ups throughout our season, or until we are full. For members that sign-up after the CSA begins we offer our CSA shares at a pro-rated price. When you sign-up late we apply a discount to your total balance based on the number of weeks you have missed. The discount per week is listed below:
Veggie Share: $27.00/missed week
Delivery Veggie Share: $31.25/missed week
Fruit Share: $ 7.00/missed week
Mushroom Share: $ 5.00/missed week
Egg Share: $ 4.50/missed week
Get in Touch.
What do you do if you missed a pick-up, are going out of town, or have general questions about the CSA? Please contact us directly. The best form of communication is email. Email us anytime at email@example.com - we may be out in the field most days, but will do our best to respond to you within 24 hours. Have an immediate need/concern addressed? You can call or text 801.694.6067 and we will get back to you ASAP.
If you are leaving town or will not be able to pick-up your CSA Shares we ask that you give us notice by Sunday (at the latest) of the week you will be missing. This ensures that we will not pack a share for you that week. If you miss a share without notice you can contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or 801.694.6067), and we can arrange pick-up on Friday. Any shares that are not picked up by Friday will be donated.